Dr. John B. Durkee
Ethics and Fees
Dr. Durkee is an industry leader and independent professional consultant in developing and implementing new technology in the critical, precision, and industrial cleaning sectors.
He is an educator in cleaning science via training courses, magazine columns, and technical books; and a solver of client's problems and communicator of solutions.
Dr. Durkee has been a Registered Professional Engineer (Texas, #49848) since 1981.
Specific areas of his technical experience and expertise include:
Environmental and chemical science about cleaning solvents including n-propyl bromide, HFCs, HFEs, PFCs, chlorinated (TCE), oxygenated and other specialty solvents
- Formulation and use of surfactant-based aqueous cleaning agents, and their recycle(reuse)
- Formulation of stabilizers for organic solvents
- Design and operation of aqueous and solvent cleaning equipment
- Commercialization of new cleaning fluids or equipment
- Environmental, safety, and health management of chemicals, including VOCs, HAPs, flammables (fact and fiction), and exposure limits
- Design and use of bioremediation parts washers
- Control of particles via hydrodynamic means (ultrasonic or megasonic)
- Drying of parts by evaporation or non-evaporative means
- Measurement, process control, and validation of cleaning performance
- Selection and use of wipe-clean solvents
- Solvent substitution, including use of European "3A" non-flammable solvents
- Development and use of Hansen Solubility Parameters in both aqueous and solvent cleaning operations
- Engineering and chemistry of azeotropes
For a complementary initial consultation and discussion about
your project or concern,
please feel free to contact Dr. Durkee.
John B. Durkee, Ph. D., P.E.
P.O. Box 847
Hunt, TX 78024
Phone: (830) 238-7610 ,
Mobile: (830) 459-5555
Fax: (612) 677-3170
Email Link: Dr. John Durkee
Copyright © 1997 - 2013
All Rights Reserved.